Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Eine Pause por favor?

I've committed everything to you..
I helped you to put up that one last show..
to spare you from all the agony,
let alone me myself to take all the burden.
I gave you everything,
and I lost everything.
Like a loose kite,
I fly around and around,
without a clear goal.

I gave up all the strength that's left on me,
I sweat, I bled, I broke a leg,
I put on the one last show,
between you and me
I pushed myself to the limit, to the point where I never reached
I concentrated, like a panther aiming for its dinner
I gave everything I got for this one last show,
and I step down, like a gentleman
Now my time is over, but the urge to get back to the stage is still there.
Don't be foolish, cause there's no stage for a hidden plank.
Yes there's a bench, a cold bench for the one who worked.
Nothing more, nothing less.
There am I, panting, exhausted.
and there am I, not being able to lift another finger.

If I could rest right now..

No comments:

Post a Comment